Change Is Here
In one year, over 40,000 people visited www.sogieducation.org
Currently, the BC SOGI Educator Network has grown to 60/60 districts.
In 12 weeks, there were over 10,000 views of the SOGI 1 2 3 learning videos.
With more resources, educators are taking action and telling their stories.
Where We Enable Change
- We help schools move from case-by-case reactions to policy-driven SOGI solutions.
- We break down silos by building SOGI educator networks.
- We move the educational paradigm from the "why" to the "how" of SOGI-inclusive education.
Leadership and Sustainability
- We provide professional development tools for long-term behaviour change among educators.
- We tailor resources to provincial guidelines for long-term viability and applicability.
- We create district and school SOGI leads to build ownership and leadership.
- SOGI policies and procedures embrace diversity and reduce discrimination.
- Inclusive learning environments enable students to thrive socially, emotionally, and academically.
- Inclusive lesson plans teach students to treat each other with respect and dignity and more accurately reflect the SOGI diversity in students' lives.