SOGI Operations Lead (Western Canada)
ARC Foundation is hiring a new SOGI Operations Lead (Western Canada) for 2018/19.
Reporting to the National Program Lead at ARC Foundation, the SOGI Operations Lead will lead SOGI 1 2 3 operations in British Columbia and Alberta.
About ARC Foundation
ARC Foundation was founded in 2007 to support granting opportunities that exhibit Awareness, Respect and Capacity in improving the status of those who are marginalized in society by sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or financial status. ARC Foundation created SOGI 1 2 3, an inclusive education initiative that equips educators with tools and resources for supporting LGBTQ students and creating safe and inclusive school environments for all students.
The SOGI Operations Lead will lead all provincial Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity (SOGI) education activities in British Columbia (60%) and Alberta (40%) on behalf of ARC Foundation. The position will focus on the implementation of SOGI 1 2 3, including provincial leadership, the SOGI Educator Network and resource development, alongside functions such as communications, reporting and evaluation. The SOGI Operations Lead will work closely with a small SOGI 1 2 3 national leadership team, and Education Leads in British Columbia and Alberta.
The SOGI Operations Lead will be responsible for all day-to-day SOGI 1 2 3 activities in British Columbia and Alberta and this role is perfect for a senior manager (and expert multi-tasker) with significant experience in program leadership. We’re a small but dynamic team with a tenacious culture, and need someone who will not only keep up, but will drive programming forward to a high quality, while offering excellent customer service.
Position Type: 1-year temporary position, full-time
Term: August 1, 2018 to July 31, 2019 (with possibility of extension)
Location: ARC Foundation Office, Chinatown, Vancouver, BC
Reports to: National Program Lead, ARC Foundation
What you’ll be doing
- Jump right in. You’ll work with the National Program Lead and Executive Director to set provincial program strategy and you’ll lead implementation in two provinces to ensure objectives and outcomes are met on time and on budget
- Bring people and things together. Facilitate internal and external meetings, including scheduling, logistics and administration. Work with education partners and subject matter experts to identify provincial trends and issues
- Excel at relationship management. Build and maintain positive working relationships with SOGI 1 2 3 education champions and LGBTQ community organizations and facilitate the Provincial Advisory Group
- Get stuck in. Support the SOGI Education Lead to coordinate the SOGI Educator Network, coach and support educators in the field, plan special events and develop tools and resources
- Talk the talk. Lead all provincial communications activities based on national ARC Foundation and SOGI 1 2 3 brand strategies. Utilize your excellent writing skills to create high quality strategy documents, articles, project plans, proposals, reports, emails and other written communication tools
- Embrace your inner data geek. Coordinate provincial reporting to ensure flow of information between provincial and national team, including document analysis, surveys, case studies and interviews
- Build team. Recruit, train and lead a team of provincial volunteers and contractors to build capacity and achieve objectives
- “Other duties as assigned”. Support the ARC Foundation National Team with special projects and new opportunities as and when they arise, even if we weren’t expecting them
Who you are
- Self-driven with superior program leadership skills. You thrive on keeping complex projects in the air and are comfortable working independently to ensure that everyone is doing what they need to, on time and on budget
- A team player. When all hands are required on deck, you somehow find an extra pair to achieve that little bit more
- Innovative and creative. You’re always thinking of new ways for ARC Foundation to achieve lofty goals, and you help make them happen. When there’s a problem, you’ll recommend a solution
- A strategic communications guru. You have experience leading communications strategies and can effortlessly compose everything from emails and web content to policies and reports, easily adjusting your tone and voice as required (especially during a crisis)
- A collaborator. You believe that change happens when people work together, and you genuinely value connecting people, both in the community and within organizations
- At home in a start-up environment. You have an entrepreneurial spirit and in-field approach to building community capacity
- A community champion. You are comfortable working with a wide range of social groups and promoting ARC Foundation and SOGI 1 2 3 in the community and to potential partners. You have a strong interest in creating systemic change to support students of all sexual orientations and gender identities
- Passionate about furthering your career. This is a great opportunity to work with a small but experienced leadership team on on organizational strategy, operations and workforce while engaging highly-skilled volunteers
What we’ll find on your resume
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree with at least five years’ experience in complex program leadership, ideally in a not-for-profit environment
- Experience leading teams of paid staff and volunteers
- Exceptional project management skills with demonstrated experience leading complex projectsand budgets
- Experience building strong working relationships with senior level leaders
The finer details
- You’ll be working from the ARC Foundation office in Chinatown, Vancouver
- There will also be opportunities to work remotely, with some travel involved
What we offer
- The opportunity to create real, impactful systemic change while shaping an innovative operations and workforce model
- Independent work with high degree of self-responsibility
- A competitive compensation package that will be discussed with candidates at interview
Please submit cover letter and resumé outlining experience and interest to email@example.com by Sunday June 24, 2018.